WHAT DOES EXPOSED AGGREGATE MEAN?
Within most concrete mixtures is a collection of stones and other particles, covered by a top layer of cream. In the case of exposed aggregate concrete, that top layer is removed to reveal the beautiful stones below. Decorative stones may also be added to the surface, depending on the look desired.
BENEFITS OF EXPOSED AGGREGATE CONCRETE
There are many advantages to using exposed aggregate concrete on your property. They include:
- Natural skid resistance – The stones on the top surface offer more grip than traditional concrete applications. This makes exposed aggregate ideal for pool decks, walkways, patios, and other areas that may get slick when wet.
- Blending with older concrete – If you have older concrete on your property, the top layer of cream may have worn away. Exposed aggregate blends beautifully with older concrete, creating a cohesive look for the property.
- Seamless appearance after heavy foot traffic – Some concrete applications look warn after years of persistent foot traffic. Exposed aggregate remains beautiful, even after years of wear and tear.
- Decorative flexibility – Exposed aggregate concrete can be used as a contrast to other forms of concrete, or it can be a stand-alone feature on your property.
- Minimal maintenance – This form of concrete is highly durable and requires little to no maintenance. Simply spray down the concrete with a hose or use a power washer for deep cleaning.
- Affordable – Exposed aggregate concrete is one of the most affordable decorative concrete options on the market.
OTHER RESIDENTIAL CONCRETE STYLES TO CONSIDER
Before you set your mind on exposed aggregate concrete, consider the other options available to you. For instance, you may enjoy the look of stamped concrete, which mimics the appearance of natural stone or brick. Alternatively, you could use brick pavers to achieve the slip resistance of exposed aggregate. This will most likely be more expensive to install, but brick pavers are easier to repair over time.
From colored concrete to acid-stained concrete borders, N&M Restoration is a trusted name in residential concrete installation. We provide superior craftsmanship for all concrete applications, and we back our services with a 2-year warranty. If you’d like a consultation for exposed aggregate concrete in Michigan, contact us at (586) 350-5824.