What causes mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that can grow indoors or outdoors. It can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory infections, skin rashes, and allergic reactions.
Mold is commonly found in damp or humid environments, such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
Mold on brick pavers – how is it created?
Brick pavers are often used in outdoor areas, such as patios, driveways, and walkways. Therefore, they’re exposed to the elements, which can cause mold to grow on their surface.
Mold can also grow on brick pavers that are installed in shaded areas or areas with high humidity.
How to prevent mold on brick pavers? 5 methods
There are several ways to prevent mold from growing on brick pavers:
- Use a sealant – one way to prevent mold is to use a sealant on the brick pavers. This will create a barrier that will prevent mold spores from coming into contact with the bricks and causing them to grow.
- Clean the bricks regularly – keeping bricks clean will help you prevent mold. Mold spores can easily attach to dirt and grime, so it’s important to sweep and clean the bricks regularly.
- Inspect the bricks for cracks – if there are cracks in the bricks, mold can easily get into them and start growing. Check the bricks regularly for any cracks and repair them as soon as possible.
- Don’t let water sit on the bricks – if water is allowed to sit on the bricks, it can cause mold to grow. After it rains, make sure to sweep the water off the bricks, so they can dry completely.
- Use a fungicide – if mold is already growing on the bricks, you can use a fungicide to kill it. Be sure to follow the directions on the fungicide carefully, so you don’t damage the bricks.
How to clean mold on brick pavers?
Brick pavers can be cleaned with a variety of methods, depending on the severity of the mold.
For light mold, you can use a solution of one part bleach to three parts water. Then, scrub the pavers with a stiff brush and allow the solution to sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off.
For more stubborn mold, use a power washer to spray the pavers from a distance of about two feet.
Mold on brick pavers can cause a variety of health problems, so it’s important to prevent it. There are several ways to do this, including using a sealant, cleaning the bricks regularly, and inspecting them for cracks. If mold is already growing on the pavers, you can use a power washer or a solution of bleach and water to clean it.
Learning how to prevent mold on brick pavers will help you mitigate the potential risks.