How do you clean brick pavers outside and inside?
Are you wondering how to clean and seal brick pavers? Check out the brief guide below:
- Brush them out – any patio paver collects more dirt in the tiny spaces between the individual pieces that can harbor microscopic dust dangerous to health. A strong brush or broom may be used to remove all the grime off paver bricks easily and effectively.
- Get rid of the grime – to really get down into the nooks and crannies of your pavers, mix up a cleaning solution of one part water to one part bleach. Put on some gloves and scrub the solution into the pavers with a stiff brush. Rinse the area well with a hose and let it dry completely in the sun. Repeat the process on a regular basis to keep your pavers in a good condition for longer.
- Bring back the shine – you can also use a paver sealer to help bring back the original shine to your pavers. Simply apply the sealer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and let it dry.
- Get rid of mildew and mold – pay close attention to any mold that may be present on or between your brick pavers. Mold is associated with major health issues, including allergies and respiratory problems. The most typical cleaner used to eradicate mold off pavers is a solution of one part bleach to three parts water. But take caution—bleach occasionally stains brick pavers. Before using it on bigger areas, be sure to test it out with a dab on a little corner piece.
How do you keep your brick pavers in a good condition for longer?
How do you clean brick pavers outside and inside? With proper care, brick pavers can last for many years. If you want to keep them in a good condition, remember to:
- Sweep the brick pavers regularly to remove dirt and debris.
- Rinse them with a hose or power washer to remove any remaining dirt and dust.
- Apply a sealer to the pavers to protect them from stains and weather damage.
- Repair any cracks or chips in the brick pavers as soon as you notice them.
However, even the best pavers won’t serve you forever. Therefore, if the above methods don’t work anymore, it’s a sign that it’s time to invest in new brick pavers.
What is the best way to clean brick paver floors and how to take care of them effectively? As you can see, cleaning brick pavers isn’t difficult, but it does require some effort. By following the tips above, you can keep your brick pavers looking like new for many years to come.