How to choose floor tile color? There are a few elements you should consider:
- The size of the room is an important factor to consider when choosing tile floor colors. If the room is small, you might want to go for lighter colors to make it appear larger. On the other hand, darker shades can make the space seem even smaller. Therefore, light tile colors will be ideal for bathrooms or narrow hallways. Whereas open floor plans and kitchens will look great with dark tiles.
- Think about the lighting in the room – It’s another essential factor to take into account. If the room isn’t well-lit, you might want to go for neutral colors to make it visually brighter.
- Analyze the overall design and decor of the room – If the room has a modern and dark design, you should go for more neutral colors to make the entire space more balanced. On the other hand, if the room has a more traditional design, and lighter furniture, you could choose more intense colors that would add life to it.
- Think about the room type – how to choose bathroom floor tile? How to select tiles for a bedroom or kitchen? Considering the type of room you’re tiling will also help you select the right colors. For instance, it’s better to go for tiles with a mottled pattern for heavy-traffic rooms. Dirt marks are less visible on tiles with variegated colors, and terrazzo tiles create a multicolored effect. Which makes them ideal for entryways, kitchens, and bathrooms. So, if you’re tiling busy house rooms, choose a combination of gray and white shades.
- Select the tile type – Glazed ceramic, stain-resistant tiles, and many more. The type of tile you choose also impacts the colors you can go for. For example, if you choose ceramic tiles, you’ll be able to select from a wide range of colors. Moreover, it’s worth noting that not all types of tiles are suitable for all rooms. For example, dense porcelain tiles are scratch-resistant and suitable for heavily exploited floors, Whereas glazed ceramic tiles are ideal for humid rooms like bathrooms.
As you can see, choosing tile color isn’t a piece of cake. There are a few aspects you should consider to make the right decision that will benefit your house decor.
Keep in mind that even the finest tiles won’t look good if you don’t find a reliable provider of tile flooring services.
Check out our project photos and see why it’s worth trusting us!