N&M Restoration is a trusted name in brick repair, brick paving and chimney repair in Metro Detroit. Whether you have a new chimney that clearly wasn’t installed correctly or an older chimney you need restored, our experts are here to assist you. We provide affordable masonry repair using proven techniques. Give us a call at (586) 350-5824 to schedule your chimney repair quote.
Common Causes of Chimney Damage in Metro Detroit
Chimney bricks are exposed to a variety of weather events, and all of them take a toll on the masonry. Thankfully, we have solutions to address these issues and fortify your chimney in the future. Potential causes of chimney damage include:
- Improper Installation or Rushed Installation (Common in New Construction Homes)
- Water Damage or Cracking after Freeze/Thaw Cycles
- Mortar Crumbling, Which Exposes the Bricks to Structural Damage
- Chimney Liner and Flue Damages, Not Related to the Bricks outside the Chimney
- Foundation Shifting and Settling
- Fallen Tree Branches and Other Storm-Related Issues
The best way to find out why your chimney bricks are damaged is to get an inspection. Call (586) 350-5824 to book an appointment.
N&M Restoration Offers Affordable Masonry Repair and Bricklaying Services
Want a custom fire pit to match your restored chimney? How about a brick driveway or natural stone retaining wall? There are endless possibilities in the world of hardscaping, and we have the tools to get the job done. Our services include:
- Detailed Brick Inspections, Including Drone Inspections for Chimneys
- Cutting Edge Brick Repairs That Are Designed to Last for Decades
- Complete Satisfaction Guarantee with Warranties on Labor and Materials
- Concrete Repair, Concrete Overlays and Stamped Concrete Sealing
- Paver Leveling and Retaining Wall Resets
- Cultured Stone, Tile Decking and Custom Hardscaping
Turn your backyard into the entertainment space of your dreams. Call (586) 350-5824 to schedule an estimate.
Will Insurance Cover Chimney Repair?
Homeowners insurance can cover masonry chimney repair, as long as the damage is caused by a ‘covered loss.’ In most cases, that refers to storm damage, fallen tree branches, or other emergency situations. If the chimney damage is from wear and tear or faulty installation, it is not going to be covered by insurance. We should be able to pinpoint the cause of the damage during your brick chimney inspection.